Higher education funding is a new model that was introduced by the government due to the recommendations of the workforce that was formed by the president in order to do away with the numerous challenges that were facing the higher education system. Being a new system its application has turned out to be a nightmare for many applicants but here we have provided you with a simple guide to enable you to apply for higher education funds.
In order to apply for higher education funding and HELB you need the following documents and details:
- A valid email address
- Valid telephone number (registered under your name for loan application)
- Year of examination and your index number
- Your passport photo
- Admission letter of the institution you are to join
- Your parent’s national identification numbers
- Your parents’ registered numbers
- Death certificate if any of your parents are dead
- Your birth certificate
- Two guarantors
- If you were sponsored in high school you should provide a copy of the sponsorship letter
APPLICATION PROCESS OF HIGHER EDUCATION FUND.
1. First of all, you have to visit the higher education fund website at www.hef.co.ke.
2. Then you have to create an account if you don’t have one.
3. After creating an account you will be redirected to a very important section of the higher education funding where you will be required to feed your personal information in order to create your profile
N/B giving of wrong information can lead to direct disqualification
4. The kind of information that you will provide will determine the amount of funding you will receive.
The profile is divided into the following segments:
- Personal information
- Education background
- The institution that you are yet to join
- Parents’ information
5. After completion of your profile, you will automatically qualify for higher education funding. If you wish you can go ahead and apply for a HELB loan if you need further financial assistance. To qualify for a HELB loan application you need to go through the following process:
- Click loan application on the HELB website
- Read through the documents that will be provided and answer the questions that will follow
N/B You have to score at least 80% in the helb assessment in order to qualify
- Fill in the information of the people that you will wish to guarantee you
- Provide the payment option that you would like to use and provide accurate information about your account
- Confirm the details you have provided then submit your application then your loan processing will commence.
Remember that for the first time applicants will not be required to submit their applications in hard-copy forms
Applications of higher education funding and HELB loan are ongoing and applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.